Monday, April 16, 2012

Catching Up

Wow! I knew it had been awhile since my last post, but I didn't realize how long until I got on here today. I've been thinking about how I need to post, but I've been quite busy the last several weeks. For starters, we added another precious blessing to our family on Saturday, February 18 at 12:52 am. She was 6 lbs, 1 oz, 17.5 in long. She was 3.5 weeks early, and her lungs were not fully developed. After a week long stay in the NICU, Samantha Brooke Rampy came home to her family on Friday, February 24. Her sisters fell in love immediately. They got to see her once in the hospital before she was taken to the NICU, and they both got to hold her. In fact, Jennifer cried when we took Samantha away from her.

Saturday, February 18, 2010
12:52 AM ~ 6 lbs ~ 1 oz ~ 17.5 in

Very soon after Samantha was born - about 2 weeks later - we found out Chase's job decided it was time to transfer him. So . . . the packing began!! It was very frustrating at first because we didn't know when or where. After a few days of waiting we learned they wanted us in Terrell, TX and we needed to move March 23. So in the space of 5 weeks, I'd had a baby and had to pack the old house, make a trip to find a new house, move to the new house, and unpack at the new house. Well, during this process we learned a position opened up in Galveston - back home!!! He was told to go ahead and try for that position. We were very sad when we learned someone else got it, but we know that God is in control of all things and that there is a reason he has us in Terrell instead of allowing us to move back home. Anyway, because of that process our move date got pushed back one week. And so, on March 28, my mother-in-law, 3 brothers-in-law, and 1 sister-in-law came to help us load up the truck. Would you believe it rained ALL day?!?!?!? We would have to stop loading because it was raining so hard. As soon as it stopped we would start again. And of course as soon as we started loading, it would start raining again. We were loading knowing we had to move on Friday but knowing we still had not been approved for our apartment yet. :-/ Talk about stress!!! But God knew that, though the forecast didn't call for rain, it would rain for two days and as a result it would take s an extra long time to load up. We woke up Thursday ready to finish loading and . . . RAIN!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!! Thankfully, it didn't last long and we were able to finish loading, go back to U-Haul, and have them put the tow trailer on the truck all by 5:00. Of course, we had no furniture and no food so we enjoyed a dinner at Ci-Ci's and a slumber party on the floor. And on March 30 with a 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old, a 6 week old, we said goodbye to Waco and started on our new adventure in Terrell where my grandparents met and helped us unload. Chase's family had to leave that afternoon and my grandparents the next day, but we were so grateful for the few days we did have them. We wouldn't have been able to get any of this done without all of their help. It took exactly a week but everything is now unpacked and organized. And now 2 weeks later we have learned some of the town and we are getting into a routine. And with all of that, it's time to fit this blog into my routine again!!! This has been a very busy and stressful (I forgot Samantha's birthday and had to ask Chase!!) 8 weeks, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have learned a lot and become closer to my husband again. He mentioned to me the other day that it feels like we're newlyweds again, and I had to admit that I had started feeling the exact same way. God is working in our lives, and for that reason I would do every bit of this all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment