Thursday, July 19, 2012

Temporary Change of Subject

So . . . in just a few short weeks - 6 weeks and 2 days to be exact - we will be joining the ever growing group of homeschooling families in this country. I'm a little nervous about this new experience, but I'm also VERY excited. Since I began homeschooling in 9th grade, I've known I would homeschool my children - God willing! Well, the opportunity has arrived!

Elizabeth will be 3 on August 31. If she were going to attend preschool she would be old enough to start Preschool 3. Since my goal is to homeschool, the thought of sending her away for preschool never even entered my mind as an option. So I began scouring the internet for things I should be teaching her. I came across an awesome, FREE, Christian, preschool homeschool curriculum!

Since the day she was born I have gone back-and-forth in my mind about holding her back a year or not. After all, she only makes the cut-off by one day. When I found this curriculum, I was still trying to decide. Then I discovered that this website has a 2 year old curriculum. After reading over the objectives for 2 year olds and for 3 year olds, I decided that she fits better in the 2 year old category. I felt at peace with holding her back a year. This also means there will not be a grade between her and Jennifer.

That said, I am looking for some books that are used in the curriculum for 2 year olds. I went through the books we already have here at home and found that we only own one of the books on the list!! I feel these are a worthy investment because I have two other children for sure - and possibly more than that - who will follow in their big sister's footsteps and make use of these as well. However, with all the other supplies I will need to do this, I am not in a financial position to purchase all of the books. So, before I make any purchases, I'm asking if anyone has any of the following books they'd like to donate to our library.

Here they are:
1.) Llama Llama Red Pajama
2.) When the Elephant Walks
3.) One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
4.) Five Little Speckled Frogs
5.) Good Night, Gorilla
6.) Old MacDonald Had a Farm
7.) Moo, Baa, La La La!
8.) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
9.) My First Baby Board Book
10.) Wheels on the Bus
11.) Put Me in the Zoo
12.) Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
13.) I Love You Through and Through
14.) Ten Little Fish
15.) The Foot Book
16.) Peek-a-Who?
17.) Pat the Bunny
18.) We're Going on a Bear Hunt
19.) That's Not My Train . . .
20.) Where's Spot?
21.) The Going-to-Bed Book
22.) Very Busy Spider
23.) How Do Dinosaurs Do That?
24.) Old Hat, New Hat
25.) Clifford the Big Red Dog
26.) Time for Bed
27.) The Rainbow Fish

As I was typing up this list, I started thinking, "what if someone has one of the books but their financial situation requires them to need to sell the book?" Please let me know even if you can't donate but need to sell. Even though I can't purchase it right now, maybe I will be able to by the time we need it. These are used for "Book a Week" and they will be used in the order I have them listed. Thank you!!!


***Update: I meant to include the website for any other mothers out there wanting to use it as well. It is www.abcjesuslovesme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment