Sunday, October 6, 2013

The House - The Explanation

This dream had been so vivid that when I woke up I felt as if I had just experienced it in real life. I was shaken to the very core of my being.

I have bad dreams on a regular basis. I have since I was a kid. Almost every night, bad dreams enter my peaceful sleep and interrupt my night.

This dream was different than others I'd ever had. I knew there was an explanation behind it. I began to pray and ask God what the meaning was behind this dream; what was I supposed to learn from it. Before a few words of my prayer escaped from my lips, the explanation became clear. God showed me the meaning before I even finished praying. It was then that I knew that what I had experienced through my dream, I had also experienced in real life.

So here is the explanation:

In our lives, there is a constant spiritual battle going on for our souls. If we are rooted in God, we will win the ultimate battle. We will be with Him for all of eternity.

However, there is a daily battle going on as well. Satan sends all kinds of things our way to tempt us and try us so that we will give in to the pressures of the world and follow him instead of God.

Life is no game. We are in a battle against demons and Satan even as we speak. Every decision we make either gives Satan a foothold in our life and gives him some power over us or it keeps the power from him and leaves God in control.

In this dream:
1.) The House was my life.
2.) The Creatures were demons.
3.) The Stranger was the leader of the demons, Satan.
4.) The Battles represented the daily battles against the evil powers of this world.

When this dream took place, years ago before I was even married, it changed my life. It changed the way I see my day-to-day actions. It changed my view of everything. Of course, I got married and had children and "the cares of this world" crept in.

Recently, God brought this dream back to my mind. It has, again, changed me. I picture myself going about my day with a spiritual battle going on all around me, each side fighting for my decisions, fighting for me.

I don't know if this all makes sense. There might be a better way to say it. I pray that, in spite of my lack of being able to explain it all eloquently, you will understand what I'm trying to say. Our lives are not a game. There is a spiritual battle going on for our souls and our choices every second of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment