Friday, October 4, 2013

The House - The Stranger


When I woke up the next morning, I was alone in the house. I was not scared though. I had a peace about me. As I walked through the house with the sunlight streaming in, yawing and stretching, I again surveyed my surroundings. The house was quite comfortable. I had slept well the night before. I awoke feeling refreshed and ready for whatever the day held. That's a good thing too because the events of the day suddenly unfolded before my eyes.

I was standing at the open wall, looking at the bright blue sky, when I heard a male voice from the kitchen. I'll never know how he got there or when - he wasn't there when I first woke up - but there he was. 

"Are you hungry?" he asked

"I could eat. Who are you?"

He avoided my question completely as he passed me some breakfast. It didn't seem odd at the time. I just accepted his silence. While I sat there eating, I surveyed him. He was actually quite attractive.  He was tall, very muscular, and well built. He had a strong jaw and was clean shaven. He had big, dark, piercing eyes and dark hair, perfectly in place. I felt myself drawn to him. It was a stronger pull than any I had ever known . . . almost.

Suddenly, he was gone. He left just as quickly and mysteriously as he had come. I was a little disappointed. I wanted to get to know him. Little did I know that I would have another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment