Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankfulness (Days 6-10)

November 6/Day 6: Today I am thankful for my sweet Samantha Brooke. When she was an infant, we did not get along well. She cried every time I held her. She wouldn't even eat for me. I had to put her in her carseat and prop up the bottle. I was depressed and cried all day, every day. She was a difficult baby and cried all day, every day. I thought we would never bond. Today, I am glad to say that we have such a precious relationship. Though those first few months were extremely difficult, I would not trade them for the world. They have magnified the greatness of our relationship now. She is snuggly and sweet and loving. She can be terribly clingy, but after a year of not wanting anything to do with me, I'll gladly hold her all day long - although I wouldn't mind a shower or a trip to the bathroom by myself once in a while!!! I'm super thankful for the blessing she is in my life. I thank God daily for allowing this precious girl to be a part of our family - even if I was originally upset that she was another girl instead of a boy!

November 7/Day 7: CJ, CJ, CJ - my life would not be complete without him! Oh how thankful I am for this little boy that has so completely captured my heart. One little glance was all it took. I will never be the same. The way he watches me as I walk through the house doing my chores. The way he sits in his swing, staring at me from across the living room as I work at the kitchen sink. The way he gently places his hands on my cheek every time I pick him up. The way he grins from ear-to-ear, his eyes almost shut when he sees me looking back at him. They way he laughs when I talk to him. No, I will NEVER be the same. I have SO greatly blessed.

November 8/Day 8: Grandparents. Where would we be without them? Well, probably not in existence! :-) I have been blessed to, not only have met but also to also remember a set of great-great grandparents, a set of great-grandparents and two great-grandmothers, and two sets of grandparents on my dad's side; two great-grandmothers and a set of grandparents on my mom's side; both sets of Chase's grandparents. That is a LOT of people! My family has had its share of issues - of course, whose hasn't??? - but I also know that I am loved and cherished and cared for. I know that I would be welcome in any of their homes at any time of the day or night. I know that I am prayed for. As for Chase's family, what a wonderful blessing they have been. Both sets have welcomed me into their families and made me one of their own. I have no doubt they love me as much as they love their biological grandchildren. What a heritage I and my husband and my children have been given.

November 9/Day 9: Today I am thankful for Lillian. She is a very loving little girl. God knew what He was doing when he placed her in my care while her parents are working. She is the perfect fit for our family. She gets along with my girls and she LOVES CJ! She is always hugging and kissing on him. She is very kind and gentle. Her sweet giggles are infectious! I look forward to having her in my home each day. Her parents, also, are a joy to know. They are kind and understanding. They love their little girl, but they also know that in a house with 4 other kids, things happen! They are flexible and easy-going. Not only is the family themselves a blessing, but the job itself is also a blessing. It has provided for unexpected expenses on more than one occasion. God always knows what He is doing!! Today, I know recognize His will as a blessing in my life.

November 10/Day 10: Today, I am thankful for my church family. We have not gotten super close to anyone because we haven't been able to attend on a regular basis. Between sick kids, husband with allergies, and an undependable vehicle, we end up missing more than we attend! However, I know that when are finally ale to attend, we are always welcome. It doesn't feel awkward to walk into our SS class after being gone for several weeks. It feels like going home. Thank you, God, for this wonderful blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment