Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Turkey Headbands - Days 5, 6, & 7

On Sunday we spent the day with my in-laws so we didn't do any craft. Instead we spent the afternoon and early evening hanging out with cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. We video chatted with Aunt Caitlin in Macedonia. We ate pulled pork or sausage sandwiches with beans and salad for lunch. We played outside in the heat. We had ice cream. We colored pictures at the table while the guys watched the Cowboys game. We napped on couches with babies in our arms. All in all, it was a nice, peaceful day, and my in-laws are better than yours! :-)

On Monday, the house was a wreck from not being home Saturday or Sunday. So we didn't do anything special. The kid finished coloring their pages until a certain 4 year old boy started throwing crayons across the room "just for fun"! After that, they got up and cleaned their rooms while I cleaned the rest of the house. We ended the day with 6 fussy kids going to bed about 30 minutes early. Then Chase and I had a pizza date in the living room while we stayed up WAY too late watching episodes of Castle on Amazon.

Today, day 7, we made Turkey Headbands. This was another inexpensive craft, and quite fun. I will say, I had to make Chance's for him, and Allison needed quite a bit of help. Also, the original craft uses construction paper for feather. I bought actual feathers, but I don't think it was a wise idea. They  make the headband too top heavy and the turkey tends to fall forward. Next year we will use construction paper feathers! I'll add pics tomorrow of them wearing their headbands. Tonight we had to wait for the glue to dry. For now, here is the link to the craft instructions and some pics of the kids assembling theirs.
http://kidney-garden.blogspot.com/2014/11/gobble-gobble-headbands.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/TNEAN+(Kindergarten%27s+3+R%27s:+Respect,+Resources+and+Rants)


I bought two packages of feathers, 
but I think one would have been enough.


The small package of construction paper doesn't have brown 
so we had to buy the large package, but with 6 kids, we'll use it eventually!!

Elizabeth

It's blurry, but . . . that face!!! Melt my heart!
Allison

Samantha

CJ

Jennifer

Chance watching me make his!!

No comments:

Post a Comment