Friday, February 10, 2012

Past, Present, Future (part 2) - Daughters

God has been showing me so much about raising daughters. I'm very overwhelmed, but I'm excited as well. Psalm 127:3 says that children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. But as I sat at His feet, all night, learning how to raise them, I'm excited and in awe that He thought me capable enough for this job. He trusted me to do it His way so much that He has given me 3 of them . . . so far!

He had been showing me things all day yesterday and throughout the night. I couldn't sleep because of all the things I was learning. And so, at 3:30 AM, I crawled out of bed even though I knew I had to be up at 8:00 AM to take Jennifer to the doctor for her 15 month check-up and shots. I simply didn't want to take any chances on forgetting any of these things. I HAD to write them down immediately. There is just so much here.

So far, everything falls into 5 categories with so much in each category that it will require several blogs! If He shows me anything else, I'll add another called "Other" but for now, the categories are:

Physical
Mental
Emotional
Spiritual
Financial

I can't wait to share everything He is teaching me!

No comments:

Post a Comment